Monday, February 13, 2012

not a baby anymore . . .

My baby is no longer a baby. She is growing and learning and being more of a "big girl" with each new day. I am happy to report that she is technically potty trained! She has been wearing her new big girl underwear every day for the past few weeks, and has been accident free for quite some time. The only time she ever wears a diaper is when she is sleeping. We are so proud of her!

This past weekend, she also hit a major milestone by getting her very first hair cut. I have been putting it off because I knew once we got it cut, those adorable curls at the end of her hair would be gone forever :(. But the mullet was getting out of control, so we decided to even things up a bit.


Photobucket



Photobucket






She did so well. No tears. No whining. She held very still and watched in the mirror as the stylist took off the last part of "baby" she had left.


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket




I'm trying not to be too dramatic about this. She still cuddles in the morning. She still lets me sing to her (...not well) at night while I rock her. And she still has her passie (the next thing on our list!). But it is true what they say . . . it all slips away so quickly!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)