Tuesday, November 29, 2011

many thanks

What do I have to be thankful for? So, so much. Am I as thankful as I should be? Absolutely not. Do I sit on my pity pot far too often? Sadly, yes. But this weekend, there was no pity pot sitting . . . just a whole lot of family time that I am oh, so thankful for :)
Did I mention I not only had Thursday and Friday off from work, but I also had Wednesday . . . Thankful!! I had a massage that day . . . double Thankful! :) I even learned something that day . . . don't wait until the night before Thanksgiving to shop for your groceries. Not smart.

Thursday morning, I woke up semi-early to get the bird in the oven. While I read the directions on the wrapping, I said a little prayer that I wouldn't light the turkey on fire (that's what happened last time . . . the first time I had ever tried to roast a turkey . . . true story). Throughout the morning, I worked on the rest of my meal and with a little elbow grease got the whole meal out by 1:00. And, much to my surprise, everything tasted awesome. I frickin' nailed it.



Photobucket

Friday morning we didn't waste any time and got started on our newest project. I can't tell you how excited I am for this! It is a MN staple . . . it is what I dreamed of as a little girl . . . and it is soon coming to our back yard. Yep, you guessed it. A skating rink!!


Carl researched and worked really hard to figure out the right way to do things.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We can't wait until I gets cold enough (WHAT??) to flood and freeze. Looking forward to skating parties at the Adolphson's . . . get those skates sharpened people!



Carl's parents drove down on Friday to stay with us for the weekend. Poor Dwaine was very busy with the rink, but we all still managed to have a lot of fun!


We finished the weekend by getting the tree up and decorating for Christmas. We can't wait for what's to come!


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



Happy Christams season everyone!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)