Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Play Group

Play Group came to our house this week. Because of nap times, the best time for everyone to meet is in the morning. I was very happy with this decision because my kids are in the best mood in the AM. Plus, I got a chance to try out my new "Muffin Top" pan that only makes the tops of the muffins (the best part). Although the name of the pan worries me (sounds like foreshadowing to me . . . ), I was looking forward to serving blueberry muffin tops and coffee to all my friends. Much to my dismay, they didn't cook the way that I wanted. Because of it's design, they got a little crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. My friends assured me they were good, but I think it will take a few more practice rounds before I perfect the muffin top :)

We were joined by the Play Group members of last week, and also had 4 new members - the Dietel family. John (the dad) is the other Physical Education teacher at my school. He has three sons: Jaymon - (3 years old) and twins, Isaac and Cole (6 months). So our group has swelled to 10 children, including two sets of multiples! :)



Because of sheer numbers, the Adolphson house felt a bit tight. So we decided to release the children into the fenced in back yard. It was a little of a process to get the kids in their jackets and shoes on before going outside. And of course, once we got outside, and had a few sips of our coffee. . . it started raining (shocker). So back in we went.

It was a tad on the chaotic side due to the fact that when one baby/toddler started to cry, another one (or two or three) followed suit. Many cries were due to the fact that their mommy was holding another baby, and that wasn't OK with them.



Kristine holding Cole (one of the Dietel twins)



Ella holding Isaac (the other Dietel twin)



Both Dietel twins. Isaac on the left, Cole on the right.



Ella helped calm Cole with a bottle. She is an old pro!




Hannah was a trooper as she slept through most of play time :)





Andrew (one of Kristine's twins) and Claire had a keen eye for one another. They were always quite interested in what the other was doing. Here Andrew is helping Claire with her passie . . . even after she stole his snack cup (what a gentleman!)


Bennett soaking it all in!



Yes there was some crying, but their was also a lot of laughing! We had a blast, and I can't wait until next week when we can do it all over again!
This past week and part of last week, I have been a busy little bee getting ready for our Garage Sale which will take place tomorrow and Friday (Holy Crap!). I don't go to many Garage Sales, and I have never had one before, so I am quite anxious about the outcome. I have put a TON of work into this . . . so these customers better show me the money!
I will post pictures of the event, and I am sure they will be linked with some stories!
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looooooooooove the photo of Andrew and Claire. You forgot to mention how he stole her passie, sucked on it and than gave it back! Too cute! Oh, and your muffins were perfect. I may be weird but I like crispy on the edges and softin the middle! Thanks for hosting!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)