Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A great love deepens

Yesterday was officially our first day of summer vacation. I am in heaven. I am embarking on 3 months without a job outside the home. Three months of being a stay-at-home-mom. I know it won't be easy, and I know at times I will be thinking teaching would be easier (especially when Ella has 30 minute screaming melt-downs about wanting to have cookies before dinner . . . yep, happened last Thursday night, right after my last day with students. Urg.), but I know that it will be filled with wonderful memories of a summer at home with my family.



We didn't waste any time, and started off the morning with "Play Group". Some friends and I decided to get our kids together once a week this summer so they could play . . . and so we could get together and visit, eat and RELAX. We went to my friend Beth's house in Albertville. Beth is the mommy of Bennett (15 months). We also met Kristine, mommy of twin boys, Lucas and Andrew (17 months), and newest Mommy, Nicole, mommy of Hannah (2 1/2 weeks). It was incredibly cute watching the toddlers interact with each other while playing with Bennett's toys. I am happy to report that there was no hitting, biting, scratching, kicking, or pushing (which I am sure they will do once they get to know each other better). I can't wait until next week when Play Group comes to the house of Adolphson . . . and I promise to get some photos up of the littles playing/fighting :)



After Play Group, we headed off to Ella's first swimming lesson of the season. She had no fear as she practiced her front and back floats. We will be going to lessons every week day in June (wow). It will be all worth it when Ella is comfortable in the water and swims like a fish!



During the evening, Carl had a plan to get the lawn mowed. For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, you already know that Carl has a new lawn mower this year. He loves this machine and looks forward to the times when he gets to use it. Carl recently fixed our old mower and decided to teach Jocie how to mow so they can get our 3/4 of an acre yard cut in half the time. I don't think he really wants to get this beloved chore over in less time. I do think he thinks it's much cooler when you get to use two mowers at the same time :)

Observe . . .





Carl takes the inside track while Jocie takes care of the outer.

Clarie is also on board with this idea. She looks like the Foreman of this project as she demands they keep going until the job is done!


Just look at those John Deeres riding in unison . . . what a sight.
I thought Carl loved mowing before! Now it isn't just a chore, it is an event. I didn't think he could love this outdoor job anymore than he did. I was wrong.
Gardening update: Two weeks ago, Ella and I planted some Sea Pea plants in our "flower garden" It stated on the package that we should see some sprouts in 10-14 days. I am embarrassed to report that I don't know whether they are coming up or not. I do see some sprouts coming up in the area in which I planted. I just don't know whether they are weeds or actual plants. Stay tuned.
I have, however, been able to grow some weeds out the side of our garden. Even though I know weeds are bad, this one looked kinda cool, so I didn't pull it. It's an artistic little weed, and I want to keep it . . . until Carl makes me pull it out :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Justin and I just laughed hysterically at this post...love the mowing photos! Priceless!

Kristine said...

of course it's way cooler to have dueling john deeres - duh :)

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)