Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh the FUN mornings!

Although I adore being a mother (I'd better since I've got another one coming), I have to say, being a working mother in the morning in not the most rewarding part of my mothering job. Mornings are, without a doubt, the hardest part of my day (followed by bedtimes at a close second). I know I am not alone in this thinking. To all you mothers (and fathers) out there that can relate to my AM situations, I thought it might be fun to do a quick run down of the festivities.

5:45am - The alarm clock rings for the first time, and without even thinking, I hit the snooze button

5:51am - The alarm goes off yet again, and again I hit the snooze

6:02am - The alarm goes off, and I finally surrender to the inevitable. Roll out of bed, trip over the dog and step into the shower

6:03am - I just remember that this is a horrible time to take a shower because our water softener is recycling, so have little to no hot water

6:04am - hop out of the icy waters and freeze some more

6:05am - regular morning getting ready time

6:30am - realizing I'm having yet another bad hair day, rush into Jocie's room to wake her up

6:32am - go into to Ella's room to (try) wake her up. "Ella my baby, wake up sweetheart"..no response

6:35am - pour myself some cereal while Jocie is eating her cereal in front of the TV

6:36am - the dog needs to go outside, so put my cereal down and stumble into a jacket and boots to stand outside to freeze until Mario does his business

6:38am - come back inside to finish soggy cereal

6:45am - go back into Ella's room "Ella girl, time to wake up. Do you want some breakfast? Arthur is on! (bribe)" - still not a stir

6:46am - after failed attempt #2 - I just carry her sleeping body to the couch. Still no signs of consciousness.

6:55am - rush Jocie in the bathroom to get hair brushed and done, teeth brushed, and face washed.

6:58am - "Ella, we really need to get up now honey. Mommy can't be late".....nothing

7:00am - give up and try to dress Ella while she is sleeping. This pisses her off and she starts crying and kicking. Instead of getting dressed she decides to run back to her room and into her bed because "my eyes won't open, mommy!!"

7:15am - after and major battle with my second born, she is now dressed (finally), and is in the bathroom and crying while I do her hair (while she is shaking her head), and get her teeth brushed and face washed.

7:20am - Sign Jocie's school planner, while Jocie just remembers that I have to proof read an assignment for her. Also get her snack packed and make sure she has hat, gloves, and scarf packed.

7:30am - officially running late. Jackets, hats, mittens on. Pile in the car. Garage door won't close, have to get out of the car, close it from inside the garage, walk around back and get back into the car. Driving down the driveway, Ella shouts, "I forgot Donna!!! Mommy please get Donna!!" Get out of the car, open the garage door, back into the house, dig through her room to finally find Donna under the bed. Ella is soooo happy to see her, it's hard to be mad....but still kind-of am.

7:42am - REALLY LATE - drop off Ella at daycare

7:45am - realize I have no gas, quick stop to gas up

7:58am - arrive to school 8 minutes late, and slip into my office unnoticed (woo-hoo)

8:00am - boot up my computer and take a deep breath...now I can relax....before 30 screaming kids run into my gym...ugh

I did not write this as a pitty party, because I know every mother is reading this and asking herself if I'm actually writing about their morning! I usually spend most of my morning wishing to be a stay-at-home mom, until I realize that their mornings are just as busy as mine, and then they have to continue dealing with the craziness all day!!

To all you mothers (and Fathers) who have to deal with what I'm dealing with, I raise my glass (of non-alcoholic wine) to you!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, best birth control ever...I think I'll put off having kids for another 10 years! Cheers to that!

nicole

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)