Sunday, May 13, 2012

a day for moms

Mother's Day is always a day I look forward to. Let's face it...it's the only day I can call my own. I share my birthday and anniversary with Carl. And every other holiday is shared with everyone else. So selfishly, it's the only day that's all about ME.  ....and every other mother on the planet....damn it! :)

Joking aside, I really do love Mother's Day, and I was so excited to be able to share it with MY MOM this year! She was able to come and stay with us for a long weekend, which was awesome. My mom hustled down on Thursday so she could catch Ella's first grade music concert at school. She also helped out a lot with making our meals, doing our laundry, and painting Jocie's new room! ....I bet she's really glad she came :)

On Saturday night, Carl wanted to camp out with the girls.  Since Claire's still pretty young, the best place for camping is our own back yard. So Carl set up the tent and stoked up the camp fire. It was really fun to sit around a camp fire and get our smores on!


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

The girls were very happy to pile into the tent with Carl and I was very happy go to sleep in my nice, warm and comfortable bed. I can't say that I haven't tried....but I am just not a camper.

Today, I was so excited to wake up to scrambled eggs, blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit, doughnuts and a beautiful vase full of flowers waiting for me at the breakfast table. The food was delish! The very best part was that I didn't have to prepare it or clean it up!!

It's hard for me to believe that the next Mother's Day I celebrate, I will be a mom times 4! But for now, I will continue to enjoy the 3 I have and wait patiently for the last one to come.

Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)