Sunday, September 11, 2011

kid quotes

One of the best parts of my job is working with hilarious kids! They may not be trying to be funny, but I adore their quirky comedic phrases!

In just 4 days, I have four lines (and in one case, an action) to share with you.

1. When lining up after 50 minutes of my Physical Education class, a third grade boy yells out (to no one in particular), "God I'm sweaty! . . . sorry Jesus . . . Gosh, I'm sweaty!" :)

2. A 1st grade boy was crying (for the third time in 25 minutes) because he was not chosen to be a "tagger" in the game. I took him aside and gave him the "good sportsmanship" speech. After my heart felt pep-talk he says, "Mrs. A?" as he sniffles, "I have to tell you something". "I really like the color blue". Then he walked away . . . ?

3. As a second grade class pours into my gym, a student notices that I have 3 pool noodles and 3 foam balls out to use in an activity. He then shouts out, "I love playing with noodles and balls!!"

4. As I am lining up a 1st grade class, the first boy in line raises his hand. I say, "Yes, 'Billy'" and he simply takes his hand and says, "boop, boop, boop", and with those words he pats my boob, boob, boob. We had to have ourselves a little chat about keeping one's hands to themselves.

Here's to a great second week with my little lovelies!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)