Monday, June 8, 2009

Jocie's first blog

I 'm so excited it's finally SUMMER. It's been a very long year, but I had a great teacher. Her name was Ms.Hageseth. This was her last year. She retired. I think the best thing about this year was meeting new friends and teachers.

Some summer activities I am doing are volleyball, basketball and swimming. Next year I get to be on the school patrol and a peer mediator. A school patrol person helps when people need to cross busy streets. We hold the flags up so they can cross. To learn how be a school you go to a camp called Legionville. The camp is in Brainard for 1 week in August. A peer mediator is when people have a fight or a problem with someone else and they can't figure it out on there own, so they come to us and we find a solution! On the 27th of august I get to go and practice to be one.
Have a happy summer!

Love, Jocelyn Adolphson

2 comments:

Nancy Blackmun said...

Jocie: I loved your blog comments-sounds like you'll have a very busy summer learning everything you need to know about guard crossing and peer mediator -- you'll do a fantastic job, I'm sure! See you soon at John and Beth's wedding! Love, Nanny

Unknown said...

Jocie,

I would say that Pinewood is in awesome hands if you are going to be a school patrol AND peer-mediator! You will do great at both and if I must say so myself, I think you will be a FANTASTIC peer-mediator...who knows, you might see me every now and then! (Your mother and I require many mediations, we'll just come to you for now on!) :) I hope you have a great summer, relax, enjoy and have some fun. I hope to see more blog posts from you!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)