Monday, March 30, 2009

Reality

OK, OK...I'm really trying to be positive, but enough is enough. These last few weeks haven't been the best, and they aren't going to get any better until the baby arrives. I know I have to buck-up, but I have to vent just a little. Last month, I wrote a blog named "Top 20". This post was about the Top twenty things that were GOOD about pregnancy. Sorry to be a downer, but here is the "Bottom 5" list...

1. Instead of walking, I now WADDLE (seriously! it looks ridiculous, but I really can't help it)
2. Can't sleep AT ALL (was up until 4 am last night) I really want to sleep now while I can, because Lord knows I won't be sleeping when the baby is here!
3. Have incredible pelvic pressure/pain whenever I'm not lying on my side.
4. Have had a head-cold for the past two weeks. I'm so stuffed up (this doesn't help when I'm trying to sleep), and because of the pregnancy, can't take any type of med's to help with the symptoms.
5. Every time the baby moves his/her head, I almost wet my pants.

Thanks for listening. I promise to be more positive from now on.... :)

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Didn't I give you diapers? Put that on and suck it up! :)

Unknown said...

(I'll be a little nicer than Kristine!) You look FABULOUS and still stunning as ever. Not even a baby on it's way out can bring your good looks down. You need a shirt that reads, "Hot Mama!" Seriously, you look fantastic and you're on the home stretch! You can Do it!

*nicole

Mark said...

I do think you should stop complaining. I would give anything to be able to experience the wonders of child birth. It is too bad I was born a male because it sounds wonderful!

Nancy Blackmun said...

Hi Annie Cakes: I understand how you feel - but it's ALSO what you may also look forward to when you reach MY AGE -- I waddle right NOW, wake up at 3AM almost every night, and pee my pants if I laugh too hard -- ahh, yes, most women, when beyond their child bearing yrs. enter into menopause and experience the same damn things -- so look on the bright side, even though you're feeling this way now, at least you're only (almost) 30 and look beautiful! Hang in-it's worth it! Love, Mom

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)