Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Update

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday (32 weeks). The doctor said that everything looked great. Blood pressure was low, all my tests came back great, and she said the baby seems to be "happy, active, and healthy" (heart rate was 153). Her only concern was the baby's position. When she checked me, she found that the baby is already at "station 0"...which means that the baby is extremely low. She basically said that if the baby were any lower, that I'd be in active labor (Station +5 is considered a floating baby = really high, Station 0 means the baby is even with your "sits bones", and -4 is when the baby is crowning). Since the baby is so low (this soon), she was wondering if she should put me on bed rest (YUCK). After I talked to her about it, she is allowing me to work as long as I "take it easy". She also told me that if I keep feeling a lot of pressure or more contractions, that I will need to be put on bed-rest.

One very positive thing is that my student teacher started this week. So I will be off my feet a little more because of this, and come April, she'll basically be teaching full-time :) So I hoping that will help out! I want to stay at work as long as possible so I don't run out of sick-days for the end of the year!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm almost a week late reading this post - but the good thing is it's another week down without bedrest. Good luck!

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)