Friday, August 29, 2008

Teachers' week over = Students coming!

I just finished my teacher's in-service week, which is a relief, but can only mean one thing...the kids are coming!!! On September 2nd, my school will be bursting at the seems with over 1000 students. Some will be smiling, some will be crying, some will be excited, and some will be nervous (sounds like some teachers I know).

I have spent the last two weeks getting ready for the first class to come parading into my gym. I have never thought of myself as an authentic elementary teacher (way too sarcastic and don't enjoy signing in front of my students or at staff meetings), but little by little, I am seeing symptoms of "elementary-itis". For starters, this year I have made many more bulletin boards for my hallways and gym. These bulletin boards are compete with this year's Pinewood theme, "Be an All-Star", and decorated with carefully cut letters and stars, topped off with a colorful boarder. I am pretty surprised and impressed with myself!

Jocie will be starting the 4th grade (holy crap!). Her teacher, Ms. Hagaseth, is an awesome teacher who has lots of experience, is very caring, enthusiastic, and is HILARIOUS!! I just know Jocie is going to love her! Ella is already back at Missy's daycare (because of in-service) and is excited to be back with Missy and all of her daycare friends.

I must admit, I am a little nervous for school to officially start. But as someone once told me; it's good to be nervous because it shows you care about doing a good job. I'm pretty lucky to work in a school with not only great teachers, but great people. I know this year will be a great one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for referring to me in your last paragrahph about working with "Great teachers and great people." I do however give you full permission to use my name next time. :)

nicole

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)