Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a girlie getaway

Last week was one of the best weeks of the summer! Jocie, Ella and I packed up the family truckster and headed north to good 'ol Maple Lake. We joined my mom, Jessie, Ali and Daysha for a sun-soaking, female-bonding good time. I did break the rule and brought a male with me; but only because this male can't live without me (Mario - my dog). Poor Carl had to stay behind because football had started and he was booked with driver's training. Although, I don't know if he would've enjoyed it too much anyway (WAY too much estrogen!!). He probably would have planted himself in front of the beer fridge in the garage after a few hours (no shame in that).

The week started out a bit slow due to the day and a half of rain. But when it cleared up, it was absolutely beautiful. We spent most of our time on the pontoon and at the sand-bar. Daysha and Jocie had a ton of fun tubing with Casey Anderson (Mandy's husband), and Ella had a lot of fun on the paddle boat.

Had a lot of fun, sun, walks (complete with bats), boating, talking, and cocktail hours. My only wish is that it would've lasted longer!

Pictures to come!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds as if you're rested and ready for school to start up! :)

nicole

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)