Saturday, December 24, 2011

last ditch effort

While I was doing the dishes yesterday, Ella came strolling around the corner with a piece of computer paper and a few markers in her hand.

"Mom, can you help me spell some words for a letter?" she said.

"Sure."

She proceeds to ask me how to spell a few words . . . and while she was asking me, I couldn't help but have a smirk on my face, because I knew what she was writing.

It was a last chance letter to Santa . . .




She must have been thinking there might be a chance she would unwrap some coal this year!

We had a tough week here at the Adolphson house. 3 of the 5 of us had the stomach flu, and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. But we're all healthy again and ready to have a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bwahaha!....On a side note, Ella has some nice handwriting. and on another side note....you all the flu?! WTF?!....Glad I drank after you last night!

Nancy Blackmun said...

Now I know why Ella was talking about the whining and crying ... priceless letter to Santa...be sure and keep it for her! Had a blast with you guys over Christmas...come back soon! Love, Mom

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)