Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My new camera!

For quite some time now, I have wanted to purchase a new "big girl" camera . . . and this past weekend I finally pulled the trigger! Carl heard a advertisement on the radio for a big sale going on at National Camera Exchange. I ended up getting $170 off of my new-and-improved camera (which has two lenses!!)

I have joined a "Shutterbug Club". It is a group of teachers who are interested in learning more about photography. It is headed up by a awesome professional photographer who also works in our building. I can't wait to learn as much as I can from him!

I had fun snapping a few photos this past weekend . . . even though I really don't know how to use it yet!! Here are some of my first shots:


Yeah!! We finally got outside :)


so big!





this shot was taken after multiple flashes!





Joc was at the lake this past weekend with her friend, Mandy, which is why she is not featured in any of my photos. Hopefully I will have many more photos to come!

1 comment:

amie giersdorf said...

Oh, I'm so jealous!!! I want a big girl camera so bad!! I can't wait to all get together and have you get your 'lenses' on all the kiddos!!
As for Miss Ella and Miss Claire in these photos - OH MY!!! I can't believe what a heartbreaker Ella has become...she has lost her baby fat and is becoming such a beautiful little lady!! And, Claire - can you say MINI CARL????? Totally!! Especially the one with after the multiple flashes - his expression exactly!
Missed seeing Jocie - can't wait to see how much she's matured. Man, I'm starting to feel old. ;)
Miss you guys!!! xoxoxoxoxo

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)