Monday, February 15, 2010

a LOVEly day

Our Valentine's celebration started on Saturday night after church, when Carl took his 4 Valentine's out for dinner. Much to our appreciation, all three girls were very well behaved :)

On Sunday morning, we all got to sleep in until about 7:00 (woo-hoo!). Carl left to get the paper, and came back with flowers and Caribou for everyone! I got a LARGE coffee and a lovely bouquet of flowers.



The two older girls enjoyed a cocoa . . .

. . . . and each girl was given a red, long-steamed red rose (ahhhhhh)

Now it was my turn to give some Valentine Love. I made my usual Valentine morning breakfast of pink, heart-shaped pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs and cut heart-shaped strawberries.

Claire got to eat her very first pancake. She didn't know what to think about it at first. She looked at it for awhile . . .

and then she looked at me with a, "what am I supposed to do with this?" look.



Once I cut it up, she dug right in and ate every last morsel!
I think the best part of this years Valentine's Day was just relaxing and hanging out together. Sometimes it's nice to get all dolled up, get a baby-sitter, and head out for a romantic night on the town with your hubby, but I must say, this was WAY better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have an adorable husband/daddy! How cute that he treats all you lovely ladies on Valentine's day.

About Me

My photo
...proud mother of Jocelyn, Ella, Claire and Carter, wife of Carl, daughter of Mike and Nancy, sister of Ali, John, and Jessie, Physical Education teacher to over 500 students, and friend to....many :)